It’s easy to feel isolated in the world, but it’s critical to remember that we’re all members of a global community.
The people in the stories below were all going about their business when a chance encounter with a stranger caused them to pause and exclaim, “Wow.” It turns out that we are constantly surrounded by kind, compassionate people. The trick is to open up and let them in!
1. This member is always willing to interrupt his workout to assist a gym employee with his calculus homework.
2. Trust kids to find a way to use technology to solve their problems!
3. To surprise his family when they met him at the airport, this man dressed up in his best holiday suit. Before boarding, he met this like-minded individual with an equally delightful fashion sense. Best friends for life!
4. Local teens treated this woman’s 5-year-old like he was part of the gang, and she was so grateful.
5. When widower Ray Johnstone posted a classified ad for a new fishing buddy, he wasn’t expecting to become an internet sensation!
The ad went viral with over 60,000 views and inspired the hashtag #IllfishwithRay. After receiving thousands of offers, Ray went with Mati Bats, who took Ray on a deep-sea fishing getaway free of charge.
6. Becca Kinsey was attempting to fly home from Disney World with her fussy 2- and 5-year-old children when a group of strangers stepped in to help.
The mother was “on the verge of tears” with two exhausted children when other mothers came to her aid. One allowed her to bypass the long security line, while another carried her belongings to the gate to ensure they arrived safely. Then, on the plane, this angel offered to hold the toddler for Becca, giving her a much-needed break. It truly takes a village!
7. It was “Dress Like Your Favorite Person Day” at 5-year-old Easton’s school.
Easton’s mom thought it was too cute when her son said he wanted to dress up as Jeffery, the school security officer. “He keeps me safe,” he told his mom. Jeffery was so surprised and honored when he saw Easton’s outfit!
8. Lowe’s ran out of generators during a big storm. When a man overheard this woman saying her father relies on oxygen to live, he selflessly gave up his generator so she could take it instead.